Wednesday, March 17, 2010

We will miss her...

Last Sunday a great lady finished her earthly race with grace and dignity. But she didn't just finish it that way...she had lived it that way all the days of her life. She had lived well, loved well, and laughed well. And we who knew her are all the better because of it. Here's what Townsend said of her: “I’ve known Momma Carol my whole life. She’s the most beautiful, kind, intelagent, sweet, loving person you would ever want to meet. I know Jesus partly because of her. I know how to love people partly because of her. Sometimes when I get mad at my brothers I remember to forgive them because of her. My mom is a better mom because of her and says we know how to love well because of her. I’m going to miss her very much. I know that she is dancing and singing in heaven where she was meant to be. I have a seashell from her office that she gave me that I can listen to the ocean when I miss her and remember. I love you Momma Carol!”

She is so right! In every word so right. And we do and will continue to miss her but as Mike King said at her service, we wouldn't ask her to come back for anything. And one day we will be reunited with her...and I for one can hardly wait.

I'm so thankful as a mom for amazing people who pour themselves into the life of my kids in ways that matter for eternity sake. I could make and endless list. I might just start on that list...

No comments:

Post a Comment